As you must have realized already, (if you are on my Instagram page – https://www.instagram.com/rumnrouge/ ) I am obsessed with T-shirt Dresses! They are comfy, they are chic, and if styled correctly, can look uber cool! I picked up, these two dresses from a shop in Pattaya, on my trip to Thailand, and I am so in love with these, that I wear these around almost everywhere.
The tricky thing about T-shirt Dresses is that, if they are not styled properly, they can also look baggy, and kind of drab. So here are some tips, you should keep in mind, while sporting a t-shirt dress.
- T-shirt dresses are supposed to be kinda over-sized, so ensure that you buy the right size. If you go overboard with the size, chances are, it will end up looking baggy and would fail to create the desired impact.
- If you are going to wear an over-sized dress, you might want to balance out your look by wearing shoes, that give your dress a good contrast.
- It’s important that you accessorize your dress, with some nice, chunky, jewelry. For instance, a nice chunky long chain, or a pair of tasseled earrings would always take your look up by a notch.
- Any casual look, comes out best, when you keep your makeup, soft and subtle. So avoid makeup that may look a bit too harsh. Keep it soft, and minimal.
- For that matter, you can wear t-shirt dresses, on any occasion, anywhere, but they definitely make for a great outfit choice, for day events.
So what are your thoughts, do you like how I styled my dresses for this shoot? Let me know your thoughts!
Location – Bangalore, India
Shot by : Mahesh Namburi
Dress – Purchase from Pattaya, Thailand
Knee length socks – M & S
Boots – H & M
Umbrella – Colorbar
Long chain pendant, golden bracelet and golden triangle earrings – Purchase from Colaba Causeway Market, Mumbai